Jalapeno Popper Dip
This dip tastes just like jalapeno poppers without all the fuss of stuffing each one.
You can use bacon or sausage. (If you use bacon 8 slices cooked crispy and diced)
8 oz Bob Evans Italian Sausage AND 8 oz Bob Evans Zest Sausage
2 (8-oz) packages of cream cheese, softened
1 cup of mayonnaise
4-6 jalapeno’s, chopped and deseeded. The seeds will make it fiery hot.
1 cup of cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/4 cup diced green onion
1 cup of crushed crackers ( I used Ritz)
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1/2 stick of butter, melted
Brown sausage or bacon in Rockcrock 2.5 qt Everyday Pan* on stovetop. Use mix n chop to stir. Once browned, drain if needed. Add meat back to the Rockcrock. Turn heat onto lowest setting. Add rest of ingredients stirring until cheese is melted and well blended.
Preheat Broiler on High
Remove from heat and put in microwave for two minutes with lid on. Stir dip and return to microwave, heating until hot all the way through (depending on microwave, 2-3 additional minutes)
While dip is heating combine topping ingredients in batter bowl. Mix well. Once dip is heated pull out of microwave. Top dip with cracker topping. Place Rockcrock under broiler for 2-3 minutes until topping is browned.
Thank you to: facebook.com/KathysEasySolutions for original recipe
*Please note ANY recipe for the 2.5 Qt Everyday Pan can also be done in the 4 qt. Dutch Oven.
UPSIDE-DOWN CHERRY CHEESECAKE
This recipe is a mixture of the Upside-Down Cherry Cheesecake and the new S’more Cake. (Jenny Gray)
Mix 9 oz. white cake mix
1 cup of sour cream
Pour into Rockcrok and spread evenly on bottom.
For cheesecake filling,
4 oz. softened cream cheese,
3 TBS powdered sugar
¼ tsp vanilla.
Stir until smooth then drop evenly over top of cake with Small Scoop. Press a strawberry into each cheesecake dollop as well as in between dollops.
Microwave for 6 minutes.
Creamy One Pot Pasta
This Pampered Chef Recipe was adapted for the Rockcrok by Cindy Lazor
Photo by Cindy Peterson
4 large garlic cloves, peeled
1 jar (7 oz) sun-dried tomatoes in oil, undrained
3 cans (14.5 oz each) chicken broth – 5 ¼ cups)
1 lb uncooked mezze penne pasta
1 head broccoli (2 cups small florets)
2 medium carrots, peeled (can use short-cut carrots)
4 oz reduced-fat cream cheese
¼ tsp salt
½ tsp coarsely ground black pepper
Small Block of fresh Parmesan cheese
¼ cup Panko bread crumbs (optional)
- Preheat oven broiler. Peel garlic using Garlic Peeler. Slice using Garlic Slicer.
2. Heat Rock Crock Dutch Oven over medium high heat. Add 1 Tbsp of oil from sun-dried tomatoes into Rock Crock. Add sliced garlic and cook over medium heat 2-3 minutes or until garlic is golden brown, stirring occasionally. Add broth. Add pasta. Turn off heat and remove from heat.
3. Add lid to Rock Crock and place in the microwave for 14 minutes, stirring half-way through.
4. Meanwhile, cut broccoli into small florets. Slice carrots using the Spiral and Slice. Drain sun-dried tomatoes; pat dry with a paper towel. Cut into thin strips using Kitchen Shears.
5. Cut cream cheese into cubes. Add vegetables, cream cheese, salt and pepper to Rock Crock. Stir until cream cheese is melted and fully incorporated. Cover and cook an additional 2-4 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
6. Grate Parmesan cheese with Microplane Adjustable Grater to measure about ¼ cup. Combine with Panko crumbs and sprinkle on top of pasta mixture. Place under the broiler for 30 seconds – 1 minute until topping is golden brown.
7. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Variation: Place 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts halves in Round Covered Baker or Deep Covered Baker and cook in microwave 8 minutes or until cooked! Mix into the above recipe before topping with the parmesan/Panko crumb mixture and broil as directed.
CK Hall’s Mushroom and Spinach Risotto
1 tbsp butter
1 pint/package mushrooms (Small cremini or button), quartered or wedged with Veggie Wedger
1/2 onion, processed small with Manual Food Processor
2 tbsp olive oil
1-2 cloves pressed garlic
1-1/2 cups Arborio rice, uncooked
1 cup dry white wine (Sauvignon Blanc is good)
4 cups or 32 oz of stock (chicken or veggie)
1 wedge of Brie or Camembert Cheese (5 oz or more … CK prefers Camembert)
1/2 bag of baby spinach (washed)(add as much spinach as you would like)
1 tbsp lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste
Take Rockcrok (RC) and preheat on med high for approx 1-2 minutes. Add 1 tbsp butter and melt.
Using Bamboo Spoon or Mix’N Scraper, saute mushrooms and onion, moving constantly until juices are almost gone, mushrooms browned, onion soft.
Remove RC from heat and remove veggies to separate 3 cup Prep Bowl.
Replace RC back on heat, add 2 tbsp olive oil, pressed garlic using Garlic Press and rice to pan, cook 2 minutes, stirring rice.
Add wine and cook 2-3 minutes until wine is reduced by half, stirring occasionally.
Remove pan from heat and add stock, stir, and micro on high for 15-17 minutes or until most of liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
Meanwhile, cut rind from cheese and cut into cubes (discard rind). Juice lemon into Mini Measure Cup using Citrus Press.
Remove pan from micro, stir rice, add cheese, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
Incorporate sauteed veggies and stir in spinach until wilted.
Place RC on Round Up From The Heart Trivet to serve.
Annelie Heinen’s Penne with Italian Sausage and Zucchini
1 box of penne pasta
3/4 lb ground Italian sausage or turkey sausage
2 small zucchini, sliced with Spiral & Slice
1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
2 cloves garlic
1 jar of marinara sauce
1 T 3 onion rub
1 T Italian seasoning
2 cups mozzarella cheese , grated
1/2 cup Parmesan, finely grated
- Add box of penne to water in DUTCH OVEN ROCKCROKand boil in MICROWAVE, about 15 min.
- Drain pasta in Stainless Mesh Colander.
- Add to Large Stainless Bowl. Add jar of marinara , 2 cloves garlic pressed with Garlic press. Add 3 onion ruband Italian Seasoning. Mix well.
- Cook Sausage until browned using mix and chop Scoop sausage with Drain and Scoop and add to pasta mixture. Discard excess fat.
- Add sliced zucchini and tomatoes to Pasta Mixture.
- Preheat Broiler.
- Grate Mozzarella with Coarse Grater. Grate parmesan with Fine grateror microplane Zester.
- Add 1 CUP grated mozzarella to pasta mixture and pour mixture back into ROCKCROK. Microwave 2-3 minutes until Zucchini is Crisp tender and cheese is melted
- Remove from Microwave and top with remaining mozzarella and Parmesean.
- Broil until cheese is golden brown and bubbly, about 5 minutes, check frequently.
Leslie Steinberg’s Gluten & Dairy Free Chicken Pot Pie, Dumpling Style
1 ½ pounds of boneless/skinless chicken breasts (or more)
3-4 carrots cut into bite sized pieces
2-3 celery stalks cut into bite sized pieces
1 medium onion cut up into bite sized pieces
2 Tbsp. bouillon (or use vegge or chicken stock instead of water)
2 cloves of fresh garlic pressed
1-2 cups of quartered mushrooms
3 Tbsp. Tapioca Flour (or other gluten free flour) mixed in with ½ cup water.
Put first 6 ingredients in Rockcrok on medium high heat with water (or broth) to just cover the veggies & chicken. Bring to a boil & then simmer for about 20 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken & once cooled enough to handle, use Salad choppers to cut chicken into bite sized pieces. While veggies & broth are continuing to simmer, pour the flour/water combo in to thicken stock. Add chicken back in & add in mushrooms at this time.
Top with gluten free “biscuit” mixture (read below). Bake at 400 for 16-20 minutes until biscuits are browned to your liking.
To make biscuits, I used Gluten Free Bisquick from the grocery store & followed directions on their box except where they added milk, I added plain water.
Terry Colegrove’s Chicken & Gravy Recipe
1ea 5lb chicken
2 tbs olive oil
Smokey Applewood rub (applied till chicken is covered)
1/3 cup water
Place chicken in Large Rockcrok. Rub chicken with olive oil and Applewood rub. Add water and COVER. Place in microwave and cook for 30 minutes.
Remove chicken from Rockcrok and make gravy with the drippings. Mix together 3-4 tablespoons of flour with 1/4 cup of warm water. Add to the drippings and bring to a low boil. Stir until thickened.
4 large Bell Peppers
1 large zucchini
2 TBS Tex-Mex
I also used Cumin and Coriander.
Cook in the Microwave for 10 minutes covered, stir, cook an additional 5 minutes covered. Serve on tortillas (I use whole Wheat). Lettuce, tomato, avocado, olives.
Featured in Pampered Chef’s Seasons Best Cookbook Fall/Winter 2013
3 dark chocolate candy bars (1.55 oz or 43 g each), broken into squares
1 small pkg (9 oz) devil’s food cake or 1 2/3 cups (400 mL) from a regular-size package
1 container (8 oz or 250 mL) sour cream
1 bag (10 oz or 300 g) regular-size marshmallows or 4 cups (1 L) mini marshmallows
3 whole graham crackers, coarsely crushed
Place oven rack in middle of oven; preheat broiler.
Microwave chocolate in (2-cup/500-mL) Prep Bowl on HIGH 30-60 seconds or until mostly melted. Stir until smooth; set aside.
Combine cake mix, egg and sour cream in Classic Batter Bowl; mix using Small Mix ‘N Scraper® until blended. Pour batter into Rockcrok™ (2.5-qt./2.35-L) Everyday Pan or Rockcrok™ (4-qt./3.8-L) Dutch Oven.
Microwave, covered, on HIGH 4-5 minutes or until center of cake is firm and springs back when pressed.
Remove pan from microwave; arrange marshmallows in an even layer over cake. Broil 30-60 seconds or until marshmallows are golden brown.
Remove from broiler; sprinkle with crackers and drizzle with chocolate.
Yield: Serves 12
Nutrients per serving: Calories 290, Total Fat 10 g, Saturated Fat 5 g, Cholesterol 30 mg, Sodium 280 mg, Carbohydrate 48 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 4 g
Rockcrok Cashew Chicken
2 lbs (4 small) boneless & skinless chicken breast (thin cut)
1 cup cashews (divided)
1 garlic clove, minced
4 tbsp rice wine vinegar
¼ cup brown sugar
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp grated fresh ginger root
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp Asian Seasoning (can substitute red pepper flakes)
2 tbsp ketchup
1. On your stovetop, heat oil in Rockcrok Everyday Pan over medium heat. Meanwhile, mix flour & pepper in Coating Tray. Coat chicken with flour mixture, then add to pan to sear until juices of chicken run clear (about 10-15 minutes). Turn chicken every 5 minutes using Chef’s Tongs to ensure even cooking.
2. While chicken is cooking, grate the ginger root using the Microplane Adjustable Fine Grater, combine rice wine vinegar, brown sugar, ginger, soy sauce, ketchup, garlic, ginger and Asian seasoning in the Classic Batter Bowl. Whisk ingredients together using Stainless Whisk. Set aside.
3. Using the Manual Food Processor, crush ½ cup Cashews. Set aside.
4. Using Silicone Oven Mitts, remove Rockcrok Everyday Pan from the stove on to the Stackable Cooling Rack. Take chicken out and place on Cutting Board to rest 5 minutes. Pour sauce from Classic Batter Bowl into the Rockcrock, using the Master Scraper to ensure all sauce gets out of the bowl and into the pan (it will bubble slightly). Place lid on Rockcrock and put in microwave to cook for 1-2 minutes (on high setting) for sauce to incorporate.
5. Slice chicken into ½” strips using 5” Utility Knife.
6. Remove Rockcrok from the microwave using the Microwave Grips.
7. Add chicken to the Rockcrok. Sprinkle crushed cashews over the chicken and toss using Master Scraper. Add remaining cashews and toss into the sauce.
8. Optional: Serve over rice prepared in the Rice Cooker Plus and or with choice of vegetables prepared in the Micro-Cooker.
Beef Mexican Casserole
By Rhoda Feuer
1 lb lean ground beef
1 TBSP Three Onion Rub or 1/2 cup onions chopped
1 can diced tomatoes with chilies, drained
1 can kernel corn, drained
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1-2 TBSP Southwest Seasoning or 1 pkg. taco seasonings
8 corn tortillas
3/4 cup nonfat sour cream or nonfat Greek yogurt
1/3 cup reduced fat Colby Jack cheese shredded
1/3 bunch cilantro chopped to taste
Jalapenos (optional if you want it spicy)
Brown ground beef and onions together in Rock Crok
drain if needed
Add corn, beans, canned tomatoes and seasoning, mix well and simmer until heated.
Place mixture in a bowl to layer the recipe.
Place 4 tortillas on the bottom (use one more if you want the bottom covered)
Spoon half of beef mixture on top, then layer again.
Pre heat oven to 350 and bake for 25 minutes remove from oven and sprinkle with cheese then broil to brown cheese. Top with cilantro.
By Jessica Hartman Krawczak
2 Small/Medium Potatoes, cubed small
1 small onion, diced
1 red Bell Pepper, diced
2 TBS COLD Butter
1 bar Cheddar Jack Cheese
1-2 TBS Greek or Three Onion Seasoning
½ C Heavy Cream
2 Green onions tops and all, Diced
6 Slices Bacon Cooked Crisp, chopped
Place Diced Potato, Onion and Pepper in Rockcrok and mix well.
Slice Butter with Egg Slicer Plus and place on top of Mixture. Cover,
Micro 6 minutes in the microwave, stirring once (Or till Fork Tender if Potatoes are larger)
Top with half the Grated Cheese.
Beat Eggs, add cream. Pour on top of Cheese.
Micro 14-16 Minutes Covered till set.
Top with Cheese, Bacon and Green onions.
It took more salt than I care for to get seasoned good because of the Potatoes
Homemade Hamburger Helper –
1-2 TBS olive oil
1 clove garlic
1 onion, chopped
1 lb. ground beef or turkey
1 (14oz.) can low salt. beef stock
1 (14 oz.) can Italian-style diced tomatoes
2 1/2 cups uncooked pasta, such as rotini, elbows, or bowtie
1 cup cheddar or mozzarella cheese, grated
1. Heat olive oil in small RC over medium heat until shimmering. Press garlic into pan and add onion, sauté briefly. Add ground meat and brown, breaking into crumbles with Mix ‘N Chop. Drain fat if necessary.
2. Add stock, tomatoes with juice and pasta. Add a little water, if needed, to just cover the pasta. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until pasta is done and most of the liquid is absorbed (about 15 min.)
3. Remove from heat, sprinkle cheese on top and cover with lid for 2 minutes or until cheese melts.
Rockcrok Chicken Pasta!
Desiree Griffith Rose
Love simple meals! This is done in 15 minutes! So easy and soooo good!
What you’ll need:
2 lbs chicken breasts, boneless & skinless (I used one package of breasts)
12 oz whole wheat pasta (we used angel hair)
1-14.5 oz can diced tomatoes with juice (can use plain, roasted, zesty red pepper, or whatever’s in your pantry: we had diced with garlic)
1 large sweet red onion, cut in strips
2-5 pressed cloves of garlic
1 tbs of Pampered Chef Italian seasoning
1 package of fresh basil chopped
4 C chicken broth (one carton low sodium)
2 Tbsp olive oil, divided (I used the Pampered Chef garlic infused oil)
Parmesan cheese for garnish (I used mixed Italian blend)
Salt & pepper to taste
Step 1: In a large Rock Crock pot over medium-high heat, add 2 Tbsp olive oil to pan to heat. Or to save time zap in the microwave for 6 mins without oil. (Drain)
Step 2: While pan is heating, rinse chicken breasts and cut into bite sized pieces. Add chicken to pot and season with salt and pepper.
Step 3: Once chicken has browned, add remaining ingredients, excluding the parmesan cheese. Cover and bring to a boil.
Step 4: Once boiling, reduce heat to a simmer, keep covered and cook for 10 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes to avoid pasta from sticking. Very Important to STIR!!
Step 5: After cooking for 10 minutes, remove from heat, remove lid and let set 5 minutes to cool and thicken. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese as garnish and place lid on to melt!
Step 6: Try not to eat too much!!
Cheeseburger Meatballs & Pasta
2 slices white sandwich bread, torn into pieces
1 small onion, finely chopped
¾ tsp (4 mL) each salt and ground black pepper
12 oz (350 g) 90% lean ground beef
1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil, divided
3 cups (750 mL) chicken stock
2 tbsp (30 mL) flour
6 oz (175 g) uncooked campanelle pasta (11/2 cups/375 mL)
4 oz (125 g) chive & onion 1/3 less fat cream cheese spread
6 oz (175 g) sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (1 1/2 cups/375 mL),
2 cups (500 mL) broccoli florets
1. Combine bread, onion, egg, salt and pepper in a large bowl; mix until a smooth paste forms. Add beef; mix gently but thoroughly. Using a level Small Scoop, scoop beef mixture, forming about 36 meatballs.
2. Heat 1/2 tbsp (2 mL) of the oil in (2.5-qt./2.35-L) Everyday Pan over medium heat 2-4
minutes or until shimmering. Cook half of the meatballs 3-4 minutes or until browned, turning
occasionally. Remove from Pan. Repeat with remaining oil and meatballs; remove from Pan.
3. Whisk stock and flour until smooth; add to Pan. Stir in pasta; cook, covered, 9-11 minutes or until pasta is almost tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in cream cheese spread and half of the cheddar until sauce is smooth. Stir in broccoli and meatballs. Cook, covered, 2-3 minutes or until broccoli is tender; remove from heat.
4. Top with remaining cheddar; cover and let stand 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Yield: 6 servings
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 450, Total Fat 23 g, Saturated Fat 11 g, Cholesterol 110 mg,
Sodium 890 mg, Carbohydrate 30 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 28 g
Veggie Taco Base
1 small squash
1 small container sliced portabella mushrooms
1 can black beans, drained & rinsed
1 can of diced/crushed tomatoes
1-2 TB homemade taco seasoning (http://www.familyfreshmeals.com/2013/05/diy-homemade-taco-seasoning.html) OR Tex Mex Rub, Chipotle Rub, etc.
- Process onion in Manual Food Processor, and dice carrots – add to preheated Rockcrok (on stove) – with a LITTLE water to soften. Meanwhile, process squash and mushrooms, doing one at a time (it won’t all fit otherwise). Add to Rockcrok, along with taco seasoning, and let moisture release and reduce from mushrooms and squash.
(OR, haven’t tried this, but I’m sure it would work: Dice carrots with Santoku Knife and process onion, squash, mushrooms in MFP). Add all to Rockcrok with taco seasoning, cover, and microwave until softened).
- Add tomatoes, and black beans to Rockcrok and stir. Cook on stovetop on medium until liquid is reduced to taco filling consistency.
- Add to taco shells with vegan sour cream.
Cut romaine lettuce and add to Salad & Berry Spinner. Rinse in colander, spin to dry. Transfer to serving platter. Add can of drained corn, sliced avocado, and taco mixture. Combine vegan sour cream with juice of lime, and 1 TB of Chili Lime Rub – put in Ziploc and squirt over salad (if thick enough). Put tortilla chips in the bottom of each serving bowl before serving the salad for the crunch.
Easy Chicken Pot Pie
Pampered Chef Deep Covered Baker Cookbook (Kathy Piemonte)
½ cup butter (1 stick) melted
½ cup all-purpose flour
3 cups chicken stock
1 tsp. salt
½ tsp. black pepper
1 medium onion
2 tsp. finely chopped fresh thyme leaves*
2 garlic cloves*
3 cups diced cooked chicken breasts**
1 cup 2% milk*
2 cups frozen mixed peas and carrots***
½ package frozen puff pastry sheets (1 sheet) thawed*
1 tbsp. water*
* I omitted these ingredients. When I added the milk before, it tended to be too watery. We did not like the Thyme either.
** I used a roasted chicken already cooked from the grocery store. 2 if doubling.
*** I used mixed vegetables with corn, etc. Also used a bag of broccoli florets. I cooked the 2-3 minutes in the microwave first.
Preheat oven to 375. Add butter and flour and whisk until smooth. Cook over medium-high heat until mixture is light brown, whisking occasionally. Add stock, whisking constantly until smooth. (Add thyme, pressed garlic, salt and black pepper. And add onion if desired.) Simmer and cook uncovered 6-8 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in chicken and (milk – I omitted).
Add vegetables and chicken. Stir.
1 ¼ cups all-purpose baking mix (calls for reduced-fat)
½ cup 2% milk
1 egg white
Combine and stir until dry ingredients are moistened and mixture forms soft dough. Drop scoops of dough over top.
Bake for 30-35 minutes, uncovered.
Chicken Tortilla Casserole
I was too lazy to run to store for missing ingredients for intended recipe. Played with what I had on hand and came up with this super yummy new recipe. I used the Rockcrok, but our much loved Deep Covered Baker would work as well. Enjoy!
– 1 can of diced tomatoes (use rotel for some heat)
– 1 cup of corn (can, frozen or fresh)
– 1 can (10 3/4 oz) cream of chicken soup
– 1 can cream of mushroom soup
– 2 TBSP of The Pampered Chef Chipotle Rub
– 2 garlic cloves, pressed with garlic press
– 2 cups diced chicken
-12 corn tortillas
-2 cups shredded cheese
1. In Batterbowl, mix tomatoes, corn, cream of mushroom and chicken soups, Chipotle Rub, garlic and chicken. Mix well.
2. In Deep Covered Baker or Rockcrok, cover bottom with a layer of corn tortillas. Note: I “dipped” the bottom of the tortillas in chicken mixture before placing into my Rockcrok. Top tortillas with chicken mixture, then grate cheese over chicken. Repeat layers.
3. If your chicken is cooked, microwave for 8 minutes, covered. If you use diced raw chicken, then microwave for 15 minutes.
Dinner is done!
CHEESY SHELLS & ITALIAN SAUSAGE
8 oz (250 g) bulk hot Italian pork sausage (see Cook’s Tip)
3 garlic cloves
3 cups (750 mL) unsalted chicken stock
1 jar (24 oz/680 mL) marinara sauce (2½ cups/625 mL)
12 oz (350 g) medium shell pasta
4 oz (125 g) reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchâtel)
¼ cup (50 mL) fresh basil leaves
1 cup (250 mL) seasoned croutons
2 oz (60 g) fresh Parmesan cheese (½ cup/125 mL grated)
1. Preheat broiler. Cook sausage in Rockcrok™ (2.5-qt/2.35-L) Everyday Pan or Rockcrok™ (4-qt/3.8-L) Dutch Oven over medium heat 4-6 minutes, breaking into crumbles with Mix ‘N Chop.
2. Remove Rockcrok™ from oven and place on stove. Turning on to medium heat. Press garlic with Garlic Press into Pan. Cook 30-60 seconds or just until fragrant.
3. Stir in stock, marinara and pasta to Pan. Increase heat to high; cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, 7-9 minutes or until pasta is cooked but firm.
4. Meanwhile, chop basil with Chef’s Knife. Process croutons in Manual Food Processor until finely chopped; place in Classic Batter Bowl. Grate Parmesan with Microplane® Adjustable Fine Grater over batter bowl. Mix crouton/Parmesan mixture well.
5. Remove Pan from heat. Stir in cream cheese and basil until blended. Sprinkle cheese mixture evenly over pasta. Place Pan 2-4 in. (5-10 cm) from heating element. Broil 1-2 minutes or until top is golden brown.
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 370, Total Fat 15 g, Saturated Fat 4.5 g, Cholesterol 30 mg, Sodium 830 mg, Carbohydrate 43 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 18 g
Cook’s Tip: 8 oz (250 g) Italian turkey sausage (2 links, casings removed) or 8 oz (250 g) 90% lean ground beef can be substituted for the bulk Italian pork sausage, if you’d like.
Biscuits & Gravy Casserole…in your RockCrok …Everyday Pan
1 lb sausage
1.5 oz of peppered sausage gravy mix
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
½ cup milk
1 can biscuits
*preheat oven to 350 degrees
Cook sausage in Rockcrok to done. Place in Large Batter bowl and set aside.
Scramble eggs in your favorite Pampered Chef skillet or pan and place in Small Batter Bowl that has the milk in it and set aside.
Grate Cheese with Microplane Adjustable Coarse Grater set aside.
Combine peppered sausage gravy mix as directed on package.
Butter or spray bottom and sides of Rockcrok. There will be sausage grease left over, so not much needs to be added to the vessel.
Cut biscuits into 1” cubes and line bottom of Rockcrok.
Cover biscuit cubes with cooked sausage
Sprinkle grated cheese over the sausage and biscuits
Pour the egg and milk mixture over this, and last and not least pour the gravy.
Bake for 40 minutes covered.
Turn on broiler place casserole uncovered in middle of the top rack for an additional 2-3 minutes until a wonderful yummy golden brown crust to develop.
Loaded Baked Potato Chowder, (Dutch Oven RockCrok)
3 lbs Potatoes, scrubbed
5 ½ cups milk
8 oz Cream cheese
3 TBS Butter
8 oz bar Cheddar or Cheddar Jack
3-4 Green Onions
6 slices Bacon
sour cream toppers
Cook bacon on Ridged Baker. 4 min, separate, 4 min more. Covered the whole time with Paper towels (or Boil Over No Mores).
Cut each tater in half width ways. Veggie wedge.
Fill Rockcrok just up to the inner first ridge. Pour in ½ cup milk. Cover. 22 min microwave on high
Mix-n-Chunk (or Mix N Chop) smooth
Microwave cream cheese 1 min covered in Batter bowl.
Add 5 cups milk, whisk smooth
Pour onto potatoes.
Micro 5 min covered.
Stir in half the grated cheese
Top with rest
Put under hi broil for 3-5 minutes till cheese is toasted.
Top with dices green onions and tops and bacon and serve with our Ladle.
FRENCH ONION & MUSHROOM SOUP
|6 TBSP BUTTER (3/4 STICK) DIVIDED
6 OZ FRENCH BREAD, SLICED INTO 16 (1/2 INCH) SLICES
8 OZ CREMINI MUSHROOMS, QUARTERS
5 LARGE SWEET ONIONS
3 GARLIC CLOVES, PRESSED
1 TBSP SUGAR
1 CUP DRY RED WINE (CABERNET SAUVIGNON)
3 TBSP FLOUR
8 CUPS UNSALTED BEEF STOCK
2 TSP SALT
1 TSP GROUND BLACK PEPPER
3 SPRIGS FRESH THYME, PLUS 1 TBSP LEAVES
6 OZ GRUERE CHEESE, SHREDDED
- MELT 1 TBSP OF THE BUTTER IN DUTCH OVEN OVER MEDIUM HEAT. TOAST BREAD 1-2 MINUTES PER SIDE OR UNTIL LIGHT GOLDEN BROWN, REMOVE BREAD, SET ASIDE.
- ADD 1 TBSP OF THE BUTTER AND USHROOMS TO DUTCH OVEN, COOK, UNCOVERED 8-9 MINUTES, OR UNTIL MUSHROOMS ARE DEEP GOLDEN BROWN, STIRRING OCCASIONALLY. REMOVE MUSHROOMS
- MEANWHILE, SLICE ONIONS WITH SIMPLE SLICER ON #2 SETTING. ADD REMAINING 4 TBSP BUTTER, ONIONS, GARLIC AND SUGAR TO THE DUTCH OVEN; COOK, UNCOVERED 25-30 MINUTES OR UNTIL ONIONS ARE DARK BROWN, STIRRING OCCASIONALLY.
- ADD WINE; COOK, UNCOVERED 5-7 MINUTES OR UNTIL LIQUID IS NO LONGER VISIBLE BUT ONIONS ARE STILL MOIST. STIR IN FLOUR, COOK 1 MINUTE. STIR IN STOCK, SALT, PEPPER AND MUSHROOMS. INSERT THYME SPRINGS IN HERB INFUSER, ADD TO SOUP. INCREASE HEAT TO MEDIUM-HIGH. COOK, COVERED, 8-10 MUNITES OR UNTIL SOUP COMES TO A GENTLE BOIL. REMOVE FROM HEAT AND REMOVE HERB INFUSER.
- PREHEAT BROILER. ARRANGE TOASTED BREAD OVER SOUP; SPRINKLE EVENLY WITH CHEESE. PLACE DUTCH OVEN 2-4 INCES FROM HEATING ELEMENT; BROIL 2-4 MINUTES OR UNTIL CHEESE IS BUBBLING. REMOVE FROM OVE; SPRINKLE WITH THYME LEAVES.
Pumpkin cake with broiled pecan topping
Spice cake mix
3 TBS. Melter Butter
6 TBS Brown Sugar
1/2 cup chopped pecans
Mix cake ingredients well in Classic Batter Bowl and pour in Rockcrok Everyday pan and microwave 9-1/2-10 min. Press down on center so top is even with pan with classic scraper.
Topping: In small Batter Bowl, mix together topping ingredients and add to top of cake. Broil for 2 minutes.
Serve with ice cream.
Roasted Vegetable Pasta Primavera
1½ tbs canola oil, divided
1lb asparagus, trimmed
1 large red bell pepper
1 medium zucchini
¼ cup butter, cut into pieces
8 cloves of garlic, pressed
4 cups vegetable broth
1 ½ cups water
1 lb uncooked fettuccine noodles (450g)
1 ½ cups feta cheese, crumbled (6 oz)
1 cup fresh basil thinly sliced
4 green onions, thinly sliced
¾ tsp pepper
¾ tsp salt
Slice asparagus into 1 inch pieces. Slice bell pepper into 2 inch strips. Slice zucchini using Simple Slicer on #3 setting, cut slices in half.
Heat ½ tsp of oil in Dutch Oven rockcrock over medium heat 3-5 mins or until shimmering.
Add asparagus to Dutch Oven. Increase heat to medium-high. Cook, uncovered 3-4 minutes or until lightly charred. Keep asparagus moving around. Remove
Repeat with additional ½ tsp oil and red pepper. Remove
Repeat with remaining oil and zucchini. Remove and set aside
Cook and stir butter and garlic in bottom of Dutch Oven over medium heat until butter is melted. Add broth and water; bring to a boil over high heat. Break fettuccini noodles in half; add to Dutch Oven. Reduce heat to medium-high. Cover and cook 12-14 minutes or until noodles are tender, stir occasionally.
Remove from heat; stir in feta cheese, basil, green onions, salt & pepper and roasted vegetables. Toss until combined. Enjoy!
Roasted Cauliflower & Brie Risotto
3 TBs olive oil, divided
3 cups small cauliflower florets
3 shallots, finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, pressed
1 ½ cups uncooked Arborio rice
1 cup dry white wine
4 cups chicken stock
150 g Brie cheese, rind removed
1 TBs fresh lemon juice
2 TBs snipped fresh chives
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
½ cup toasted slivered almonds
Heat 2 TBs of the oil in Everyday ROCKCROCK over medium heat 3 – 5 minutes or until shimmering. Add cauliflower, cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until charred and tender, stirring occasionally. Remove cauliflower, set aside.
Add remaining oil, shallots, garlic and rice to ROCKCROCK. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until shallots are softened. Stir in wine, cook, uncovered 2-3 minutes or until wine is reduced by half, stirring occasionally.
Remove ROCKCROCK from heat. Stir stock into rice, microwave, covered, on HIGH 15-17 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
Meanwhile cut Brie into ½ inch pices. Carefully remove ROCKCROCK from microwave. Add Brie, loemon juice, chives, salt and pepper; mix until Brie is completely melted. Stir in cauliflower; sprinkle with almonds.